Full Time Job Opportunities
Job Summary (11/12/2019)
- Prepare coating solutions, for laboratory personnel to conduct test.
- Develop, improve, and customize products, equipment, formulas, processes, and analytical methods.
- Compile and analyze test information to determine process or equipment operating efficiency and to diagnose malfunctions.
- Confer with and Engineers and Sales staff to conduct analyses of research projects, interpret test results, or develop nonstandard tests.
- Direct, coordinate, and advise personnel in test procedures for analyzing components and physical properties of materials.
- Write technical papers and reports; and prepare standards and specifications for processes, facilities, products, and tests.
The Formulator will support the business by being responsible for the performing, developing, validating, completing, recording, and reporting of routine testing and the managing of projects with an emphasis on process monitoring and improvement. As a Formulator, the individual is expected to have an experienced background in analytical analysis and instrument use. The position will also be responsible for developing methods with a focus in improving and developing coatings. Will have a working knowledge of the principles and practices of laboratory systems.
- 3 years direct experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry related science field is a plus
- Experience in developing methods and writing procedures.
- Experience in food contact testing is a plus.
- 2+ years of leadership experience in the laboratory setting.
- Proven trouble shooting skills in instrumentation and broad knowledge of different instruments.
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of laboratory systems.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively in both verbal and written format
- Ability to remain flexible with work schedule, including working varying shifts and / or overtime as business needs dictate.
- Physical dexterity to operate equipment and perform the technical and clerical functions necessary to effectively and efficiently perform the duties of the job. This may include: bending/stooping, turning/twisting, reaching, balancing, and mobility to travel to other work sites. Must be able to carry up to 50 pounds.
- MS Office proficiency.
To apply students can email Lilia Lopez at lilia@Orioncoat.com
As an Entry Level Chemist you will be assisting with the formulation, development and lab work required for multiple projects that relate to liquid applied industrial coatings. You will be testing, gathering, analyzing, and recording data.
•Run routine mixing and tests for coating products
•Set up, adjust, maintain, and clean laboratory equipment
•Analyze the results of tests and experiments to ensure conformity to specifications
•Prepare solutions and mixtures for products and processes following standardized formulas
•Utilize Induron systems for lab sample tracking and reporting
•Provide clear and accurate data summaries and analysis
•Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related fields preferred
•Basic understanding of chemistry, chemical safety and handling, and fundamental laboratory techniques
•Self-motivated and able to work proactively and independently in a fast paced environment
•Strong written and oral communication skills
•Attention to detail and problem solving skills
Induron Coatings was founded in 1947 and is a third generation industrial coatings manufacturer based in Birmingham, AL serving a wide range of industries to include water, wastewater, pipe and power transmission. To learn more, visit our website at www.induron.com .
Forward resumes to email@example.com .
Postings on this list do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Missouri S&T Coatings Institute. For further information contact us at (573) 341-4419, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also write to us at Missouri S&T Coatings Institute, BOM #2, 651 W. 13th St., Rolla, MO 65409-1020. Our web site is http://coatings.mst.edu